Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Psalm 95 -- a 21st Century Translation (2009: Avi Press) by Miriyam Glazer, Ph.D.

from PSALMS of the JEWISH LITURGY (2009):
Come, let us sing with joy to Adonai --
calling out to the Rock who protects us;
let us move closer to God's Presence with gratitude
and in our psalms sing joyously to God!
For Adonai is great, Ruler of all other rulers:
the depths of the earth are in God's hands;
the peaks of the mountains are God's.
The sea is God's, for God made it; the hands of God formed dry land.

So come, let us worship, kneel, bow before Adonai our Maker:
This is our God and we are the people of God's pasture,
the flock in God's hand, if we only heed God's Voice:
"Oh, do not harden your hearts as you did at Merivah,
as you did at Massah in the desert wilderness when
your ancestors tried and tested me though they had seen My Marvelous acts.
All 40 years I strove with the generation till I said,
'These people have errant hearts.  They will never honor My Ways.'
And I swore in My rage that never would they come to My place of rest."

No comments: