Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Psalm 75: CEB (2011) a fresh translation to touch the heart and the mind

for the music leader / / / a Psalm of Asaph / / / a song / / /
We give thanks to you, God.
Yes, we give thanks!
Your name is near.
Your marvelous deeds are declared.

[God says,]
"When I decide the time is right,
I will establish justice just so.
The earth and all its inhabitants will melt,
but I will keep its pillars steady."  -- SELAH.

I said to the arrogant,
"Don't be arrogant!"
To the wicked I said,
"Don't exalt your strength!
Don't exalt your strength so highly.
Don't speak so arrogantly against the rock."
Because what exalts someone
doesn't come from the east or west;
it's not from the south either.
Rather it is God who is the judge.
He brings this person down,
but that person he lifts up.
Indeed, there's a cup in the LORD's hand
full of foaming wine, mixed with spice.
He will pour it out,
and all of the earth's wicked people must drink it;
they must drink every last drop!

But I will rejoice always.
I will sing praises to Jacob's God!
God says:
"I will demolish every bit of the wicked's power,
but the strength of the righteous will be lifted up."

No comments: