Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Psalm 77 Common English Bible (2011) -- a fresh translation to touch the heart and the mind

For the music leader / / / a Psalm
I cry out loud to God --
out loud to God so that he can hear me!
During the day when I'm in trouble
I look for my Lord.
At night my hands are still outstretched and don't grow numb;
my whole being / soul refuses to be comforted.
I remember God and I moan.
I complain, and my spirit grows tired.          SELAH.

You've kept my eyelids from closing.
I'm so upset I can't even speak.
I think about days long past;
I remember years that seem an eternity in the past.
I meditate with my heart at night / I remember my song in the night /
I complain, and my spirit keeps searching;
"Will my Lord reject me forever?
Will he never be please again?
Has his faithful love come to a complete end?
Is his promise over or future generations?
Has God forgotten how to be gracious?
Has he angrily stopped up his compassion?"       SELAH.
It's my misfortune, I thought,
that the strong hand of the Most High is different now.

But I will remember the LORD's deeds;
yes, I will remember your wondrous acts from times long past,
I will meditate on all your works;
I will ponder your deeds.
God, your way is holiness!
Who is as great a god as you, God?
You are the God who works wonders;
you have demonstrated your strength among all peoples.
With your mighty arm you redeemed your people;
redeemed the children of Jacob and Joseph.          SELAH.

The waters saw you, God --
the waters saw you and reeled!
Even the deep depths shook!
The clouds poured water,
the skies cracked thunder;
your arrows were flying all around!
The crash of your thunder was in the swirling storm;
lightning lit up the whole world;
the earth shook and quaked.
Your way went straight through the sea;
your pathways went right through the mighty waters.
But your footprints left no trace!
You led your people like sheep under the care of Moses and Aaron.

No comments: