Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Psalm 62 - Common English Bible - 21st Century translation

For the music leader / / / According to Jeduthun / / / a Psalm of David
Only in God do I / does my soul find rest;
my salvation comes from him.
Only God is my rock and my salvation -- my stronghold! --
I won't be shaken anymore.

How long will all of you attack others;
how long will you tear them down
as if they were leaning walls or broken-down fences?
The only desire of this people is to bring others down low;
they delight in deception.
With their mouths they bless, but inside they are cursing.   -- SELAH.

Oh, I / my soul must find rest in God only,
because my hope comes from him!
Only God is my rock and my salvation -- my stronghold! --
I will not be shaken.
My deliverance and glory depend on God.
God is my strong rock.
My refuge is in God.
All you people: Trust in him at all times!
Pour out your hearts before him!
God is our refuge! --  SELAH.

Human beings are nothing but a breath.
Human beings are nothing but lies.
They don't even register on a scale; taken all together they are lighter than a breath!
Don't trust in violence; don't set false hopes in robbery.
When wealth bears fruit, don't set your heart on it.
God has spoken one thing - - make it two things - -
that I have myself have heard: that strength belongs to God,
and faithful loves comes from you, my Lord --
and that you will repay everyone according to their deeds.

No comments: