Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Psalm 32 : The Complete Psalms (Pamela Greenberg, 2010) - 21st century translation, inclusive language

By David / / / A Psalm of Understanding / / /
Blessed is the one who lifts up her transgressions to God;
her sins will be forgiven.

Blessed is the one for whom the Holy One need not reckon his faults,
whose spirit is clean of deceit.

When I ploughed the fields in silence,
my bones wasted away;
they groaned all day as I worked.

For day and night your hand weighed heavy against me;
the juice of my breast went dry,
like the brittle fruit of summer - - - SELAH.

I made my sin known to you;
my wrongs I no longer attempted to hide.

I said, "I will confess my rebellion to God" --
and you forgave my sins and errors -- SELAH.

For this, let those who love you
pray at any time they can find - -
do not let the flood of waters overtake them.

You are a hiding place for me,
protecting me from anguish;
You surround me with a loud cry of rescue - - SELAH.

I will enlighten and illumine
the path to walk.
My eyes will give witness.

Don't be like a horse,
a mule without understanding,
with a bridle and halter put on to restrain it.

In such a way God cannot approach us.

Many are the pains of those who persist in their wrongs,
but those who trust in their Creator are surrounded by love.

Take joy in God and let the righteous rejoice.
Cry out with gladness, all who are steadfast of heart.

No comments: