Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Psalm 57: Common English Bible (2011)

for the music leader / / / a miktam of David, when he fled from Saul into the cave / / /
Have mercy on me, God;
have mercy on me because I have taken refuge in you.
I take refuge in the shadow of your wings until destruction passes by.
I call out to God Most High -- to God, who comes through for me.
(verse 3) He sends orders from heaven and saves me,
rebukes the one who tramples me. -- SELAH.
God sends his loyal love and faithfulness.
My life is in the middle of a pack of lions.
I lie down among those who devour humans.
Their teeth are spears and arrows;
their tongues are sharpened swords.
Exalt yourself, God.
higher than heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!
They laid a net for my feet to bring me down;
they dug a pit for me, but they fell into it instead! -- SELAH.

My heart is unwavering, God --
my heart is unwavering.
I will sing and make music.
Wake up, my glory!
Wake up, harp and lyre!
I will wake the dawn itself!
I will give thanks to you, my Lord, among the peoples;
I will make music to you among the nations
because your faithful love is as high as heaven;
your faithfulness reaches the clouds.
Exalt yourself, God,
higher than heaven!
Let your glory be over all the earth!

No comments: