Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tobit - chapter 10 (excerpt) - blessings and prayers

10: 10 - 12 (translated by Edgar Goodspeed)
Then Raguel got up and gave him (Tobias, his son-in-law) his wife Sarah (i.e. she is Raguel's daughter) and half of his property, slaves, and cattle, and money.  And Raguel blessed them as he let them go and said, "The God of heaven will give you prosperity, my children, before I die."  And he said to his daughter, "Respect your father-in-law and your mother-in-law, they are now your parents.  Let me hear a good report of you."  And he kissed her. 
And Edna (Sarah's mother) said to Tobias, "May the Lord of heaven bring you back safely, dear brother, and grant that I may see your children by my daughter Sarah, so that I may be glad before the Lord.  Here I solemnly entrust my daughter to you; do not hurt her feelings."

No comments: