Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

60th Anniversary of "I Love Lucy" (TV sitcom) -- TV GUIDE interview article

from TV GUIDE dot-com article / interview by Ileane Rudolph

I  Love Lucy premiered 60 years ago this month, and our adoration for Lucille Ball has only grown over time. To honor the comedian and her storied history with TV Guide Magazine (she's been on more covers than any other star), we asked her daughter, Lucie Arnaz, 60, to share some of her favorite memories of that period. Arnaz, an actress and singer, has kept her mother and father Desi Arnaz's legacies alive by donating scrapbooks and arrangements to museums and producing shows that honor the legendary couple. Currently, she is developing a tribute to the Latin music of I Love Lucy.
TV Guide Magazine: This is a big year for your mom, Lucille Ball. It's not only I Love Lucy's 60th anniversary, but the 100th anniversary of her birth. What's it been like?
Arnaz: Fabulous! There have been tons of celebrations, including at the Hollywood Museum, the Library of Congress and the Paley Center for Media. Even Google did a salute partnered with the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy that's in her hometown, Jamestown, New York.
TV Guide Magazine: Let's start from the beginning. You never appeared on I Love Lucy, did you?
Arnaz: My mother was pregnant with me in the pilot — does that count?
TV Guide Magazine: Sure! What's your favorite Lucy episode besides the pilot?
Arnaz: [Laughs] "Lucy Takes a Cruise to Havana" [11/6/57]. It's a flashback to when Lucy and Ricky met in Cuba. My mom and dad have a drum duel in a nightclub and it is so sexy. When I [watch it], I see such an amazing amount of love and romance and sexual heat. There's powerful passion in their eyes even though in real life, they were close to divorcing. . .

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Celebrating-60-Years-1038247.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01

No comments: