Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 13, 2015

Psalm 122 (Common English Bible): a fresh translation for the 21st Century to touch the heart and the mind

A pilgrimage song / / /  Of David / / /
I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let's go to the LORD's house!
Now our feet are standing in your gates, Jerusalem!

Jerusalem is built like a city joined together in unity.
That is where the tribes go up --
the LORD's tribes!
It is the law for Israel
to give thanks there to the LORD's name,
because the thrones of justice are there --
the thrones of the house of David!

Pray that Jerusalem has peace:
Let those who love you have rest.
Let there be peace on your walls;
let there be rest on your fortifications."
For the sake of my family and friends,
I say, "Peace be with you, Jerusalem."
For the sake of the LORD our God's house
I will pray for your good.

No comments: