Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 23, 2015

Psalm / Prayer Song in New Translation (2010 published by Pamela Greenberg / Bloomsbury USA dot-com): Psalm 23

A PSALM OF DAVID ///
God is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
You lay me down in lush meadows.

You guide me toward tranquil waters, reviving my soul.

You lead me down paths of righteousness, for that is your way.

And when I walk through the valley, overshadowed by death,
I will fear no harm, for you are with me.

Your rod and staff -- they comfort me.
You spread a table before me
in face of my greatest fears.

You drench my head with oil;
my cup overflows the brim.

Surely goodness and kindness
will accompany me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Holy
for the length of my days.

[ The Complete Psalms: The Book of Prayer Songs in a New Translation ]

No comments: