Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 30, 2015

Psalm 30 - a 21st Century translaton by Pamela Greenberg (THE_COMPLETE_PSALMS, 2010)

A Song for the Dedication of the House / / / by David / / /
I will raise you in praise, my Solace,
for you have drawn me up,
you have not let my enemies rejoice in my ruin.

God, my Physician, I cried to you for help,
and you healed me.

My Preserver, you lifted my soul from death,
kept me alive during my plunge to the pit.

Let those who love God sing out to the Source of Life,
and be thankful for memory of the holy.

For your anger lasts only a moment;
your will is in favor of life.

At night, I went to bed weeping;
in the morning -- a cry of joy.

I have said in my contentment
I will never stumble.

God, only by your resolve
do I stand on mountains of strength.

When you hide your face from me,
I am confounded, confused.

To you, God, I cry out.
To my Upholder I plead for compassion.

What profit is there in my death?
In my descent to destruction?

Will the dust be thankful to you?
Will it proclaim the light of your truth?

Hear me, God, and show compassion.
My Upholder, you have always been my Source of Help.

You changed my mourning clothes to dancing,
you loosened my sackcloth and covered me with joy.

So that my depths might sing out to you and never be stilled,
God, my Help, I will spill out gratitude to you forever.

No comments: