Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 26, 2015

Psalm 26 (from 2010 translation by Pamela Greenberg: THE COMPLETE PSALMS)

Judge me, God, for I have walked in integrity;

I have trusted your truth and will never be shaken.

Scrutinize me, God, put me to the test.
Smelt like metal my emotions and mind.

For I hold your kindness before my eyes always
and have walked back and forth in your truth.

I have not dwelt with those who die empty.
Those who conceal their wrongs -- I do not enter their midst.

I have avoided gatherings of the violent.
In the company of the callous, I did not dwell.,

I wash my hands clean, and turn toward your altar, Holy One --

to make my voice of thankfulness heard,
to tell stories of the array of your wonders.

God, I have loved the inside of your temple.
the place where your glory dwells.

Don't associate my soul with the mistaken,
and with the bloodthirsty, my life --

those whose hands pursue selfishness,
whose right arm takes money from bribes.

Because I have walked with integrity,
save me with your compassion.

My foot is planted on level ground.
In gatherings of multitudes I fall on my knees,
in awestruck praise of you.

The Book of Prayer Songs in a New Translation: Bloomsbury Publishing

No comments: