Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Will Charlie Brown take Lucy's offer of the Football Kick? (Paul Kane political chat discussion query)

www.washingtonpost.com/

Lucy places another ball down for Charley Brown to kick


Questioner: I don't understand why the Democrats expect civility and cooperation from the Republicans. They act like Charlie Brown would be convinced some how that Lucy would not pull the football out this time when he tried to kick it. I don't believe any of the bipartisan rhetoric coming from the Republicans. Do you think there will be government shutdowns coming?
– November 03, 2010 12:23 PM

A.Paul Kane writes:  I love Lucy-Charlie Brown references. I'm a total sucker for them.
This is a dicey question, but I know that Republicans tell me privately they have been studying very closely the 1994 elections and how they governed after that. They do not want to make those mistakes, they swear by it. Does that mean it's going to all "shiny, happy people", holding hands and doing bipartisan stuff? Probably not.

No comments: