Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Psalms of Solomon (included in Septuagint - Greek version of Bible)

Psalm of Solomon 1: 1 - 8 (versification and translation by R.B. Wright for OT Pseudipigrapha, Vol. 2: 651-670)

I cried out to the Lord when I was severely troubled, to God when sinners set upon (me).
Suddenly, the clamor of war was heard before me; "He will hear me, for I am full of righteousness."
I considered in my heart that I was full of righteousness, for I had prospered and had many children.
Their wealth was extended to the whole earth, and their glory to the end of the earth.
They exalted themselves to the stars, they said they would never fall.
They were arrogant in their possessions, and they did not acknowledge (God).
Their sins were in secret, and even I did not know.
Their lawless actions surpassed the gentiles before them; they completely profaned the sanctuary of the Lord.

No comments: