Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

New Trend for thanking God: kiss your biceps tattooed with Psalm 27 and 18 verses

from Online Religion in Sports News web page

But with the Super Bowl XLVII less than a week away (Sunday Feb. 3, 2013), QB Kaepernick himself says he wants the credit to go to God.

Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers kisses his right bicep after scoring a touchdown, but The Sports Xchange reports that he has “faith” inscribed on it, and “to God the glory” on his right arm, as well. He says he’s kissing those words, not himself: The tattoos “show people this is what I believe in. God has brought me this far, He’s laid out a phenomenal path for me, and I can’t do anything but thank Him.”

Last year Kaepernick spoke at Summit Christian Church in Sparks, Nev., and said, “God guides me through every day and helps me take the right steps and has helped me to get to where I’m at. When I step on the field, I always say a prayer, say I am thankful to be able to wake up that morning and go out there and try to glorify the Lord with what I do on the field.”

Kids who have moved from 2011’s Tebowing craze to bicep-kissing “Kaepernicking” this year should know that Kaepernick’s arms also sport Psalm 27:3 (“Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear though war break out against me, even then I will be confident”) and Psalm 18:39 (“You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me”).

http://www.worldmag.com/2013/01/kaepernicking_revisited

No comments: